Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lost Phone Equals Chaos

I had either lost my smartphone or it was stolen. All I knew was that it was long gone.  Little did I know it would turn out to be a huge inconvenience.

I had all my contacts in the phone, personal numbers to the station jocks, back numbers to the studio, my personal contact info including my home address, and even a few numbers for celebrities.  Like an idiot, I had taken the time to fill out all my contacts information which included the contacts picture.

I live and die by my phone so I quickly went out and bought an iPhone so I could track it in case this had ever happened again.

After about a week we started to get prank calls on the studio hotline.  It was slow at first but kept getting worse and worse.  I informed management that someone had our studio line and the number was changed.  After the number was changed I was then getting prank calls on my cell phone.  I then realized that the person who had my previous phone was playing jokes on me.  Once the immature individual realized that I had the same cell number, I was getting prank calls at all hours of the day and night.  I worked 7 days a week so it was hard for me to get up and go to the phone store to get my number changed.  Finally, I had made the time to do just that.

We were at our weekly programming meeting when I had let the staff know that I was being constantly prank called.  Literally all of them had admitted that they were also getting prank calls.  I was hesitant to tell them what had happened but I knew I had to.  It was because I had lost my phone.  They were not happy with me because they all had to change their number but they eventually got over it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Radio DJ Confessions. Powered by Blogger.