Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Who Farted?

The year was 2002. I was not feeling well so after my airshift I was eager to go home.  I was walking out the back door towards the parking lot when my stomach started to hurt really bad.

I was in a long hallway that led to the exit and I could not hold it in any longer.  About 15 yards from the door I let a really nasty fart go.  No one was around and I was about to walk out so I felt it was safe.

I was no closer than 10 feet from the door when it opened.  Then, I see the program director, his wife, what looked like a manager or record exec, and a recording artist the station played walk in.

I thought oh great, there is no doubt that fart followed me.  Out of all the days to make an unannounced visit, its a day when I am dropping nuclear stink bombs in the hallway.

It was not everyday that the station had artist stop by but since I was also the music director, I knew that I had to stop and chat.  The group stops to address me and the program director introduces me to the artist.  After a few moments the smell hit us and was way too potent to deny.  It was obvious that everyone had smelled it.  Of course no one said anything but in the corner of my eye I could see the manager/record exec get that “someone farted” look on his face.  I was embarrassed but the damage was done.  I pulled the P.D. aside and told him I was not feeling well and excused myself.

In the years after that day whenever I would see the artist on television I would always laugh and tell myself

“That guy smelled my butt”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Radio DJ Confessions. Powered by Blogger.