Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Go Home You're Drunk

I had worked in promotions.  We had a club gig one night and it seemed as if the moment the jock entered the club, people were buying him drinks.  It wasn’t anything new to us.  We always witnessed the jock drinking it up while the crew worked.

This one guy seemed awfully buddy-buddy with the jock.  I do not know if he personally knew him or if he was a stranger.  It did not matter but he kept buying rounds of shots.  I was working and didn’t pay much attention but it got to a point where the jock was wasted. Wasted to a point where he was pretty much passed out inside the club.  The remote had just started and he still had several breaks he needed to record.
About 20 minutes later the promotions director came to me and told me to drive the jock home.  I told her I didn’t have my car since we had gone to the club in the van.  She said she had gotten permission from the A.E. to use her car.  I will never forget what she had said to me.

“It isn’t a good situation cause **CENSORED** is plastered.  Take **CENSORED** car and drive him home.  Once you take him home come back and finish the remote.”

I did what I was told.  As I was driving the guy home he was mumbling and drifting in and out of sleep.  As we were on the freeway, without warning he puked inside the car all over the seat, dash, and me.  If you have never been thrown up on it is the most disgusting thing that can ever happen to you.  I almost wrecked.
I took the next exit off the freeway and pulled over.  I didn’t know what to do.  I was covered in puke.  I rolled down the windows and eventually took the drunken DJ home.  I basically had to almost carry this asshole up the stairs of his apartment. 

Once I got back into the car I called the promotions director to tell her what had happened.  She was cool and said I could just drive back to the station to leave the AE’s car there.  After that I was free to go home.
A few days later I had bumped into the jock at the radio station.  He did not remember a thing but had heard he puked all over me.  Dickhead didn’t even apologize, he just kind of laughed it off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Radio DJ Confessions. Powered by Blogger.