Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ouch! That Hurt!

I’m considered to be clumsy by just about everyone.  One day we received word that a local pizza shop was sending over free pizza for lunch.  When they arrived at the radio station, me and a few other on air staff went downstairs to greet them and properly thank them.

They brought a lot more pizza than we all had expected.  I was on the air so I had to cut the chatter to a minimum.  I grabbed an entire pie and took it to the studio.  I was not going to eat the whole thing, I just did not have time to gather it in slices and intended on leaving the leftovers in the studio for anyone who wanted it.

I walked into the studio and tripped over a cord that was on the ground.  The pizza flew, landing all over the board, and the touch screen computer.  As I was falling my face caught the edge of the studio desk that the controls rest on.  My nose had opened up in a bloody mess and was gushing blood.  I admit, I laid out a huge scream.  It hurt so bad.

The thing was, just about everyone who had a office near the studio was downstairs and no one heard me scream.  I sat there for about 5 minutes and finally the engineer had happened to walk in.

The engineer was a hothead who always appeared pissed off.  So when he walked in and saw blood and pizza everywhere he freaked out.  He seemed a hell of a lot more concerned about the controls than he did me.  They had let me go home for that day because I needed to go to the hospital for stitches.  The next day there was a sign that read NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED IN THE STUDIO.

Sheesh. it was an accident.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Radio DJ Confessions. Powered by Blogger.