Saturday, April 23, 2016

Disgruntled Ex Employee

Lord knows I have had my share of bad decisions and regrets in my career. This particular one had to do with a jock I hired whom had little experience.  When I first hired this woman she convinced me that she was devoted to her craft and working to get better.  She had a level head and came off as hungry to move up in this business.

Fast forward a year and this girl was not the same person whom I had hired.  Yes, she had grown exceptionally better on the air but her ego began to get out of hand.

I pulled her into my office and had a small chat with her.  I saw this as a situation that could be corrected by talking things through.  I had no intention of firing her.  As soon as she began to realize the point of the meeting, she got defensive.  I told her to calm down and that there was nothing to get upset over.  She grew even more defensive.

I don't know what was going on in that head of hers but I guess she had assumed I was going to fire her.   She then made an immediate threat against me.  She had said basically if I would fire her that she would come after me.  Tell my wife I had sex with her, contact the FCC telling them I was doing illegal activities, and even threatening my personal safety.

I was blown away how crazy she got.  I had never seen this side of her before.  I explained that I wasn't going to fire her but after what she had said she left me no choice.  I terminated her on the spot.  She blew her top and was screaming on the top of her lungs.  I called security to remove her from the station and she continued to yell as they took her away.

I can only wish that was the end of it.

Covering my tracks I called my wife and explained to her what had happened in case she made good on her promise to tell her I slept with her.  Eventually, she did reach out and tell her this.  I wasn't doing anything illegal so her contacting the FCC did not scare me.  As for my personal safety, I was afraid of her in the least.

The next week I was contacted by a news reporter asking questions.  Apparently the ex employee had contacted the media telling them all kinds of crazy stories and they were calling me trying to get a comment.  Then this girl had gone online and left Facebook reviews about  the radio station saying things like I forced her to have sex with me in order for her to get hired.  Then that I also lured young girls into the studio late at night when no one is there to sleep with them behind my wifes back.  This was bad because you cant really remove Facebook reviews.

That wasn't the end of it.  I was doing a broadcast remote and as I was on air she came up from behind me and began yelling obscenities into the mic.  All of this was in front of the business owner whom owned the business we were broadcasting from.  She even protested outside our radio station a time or two that we were bad for the community, we all did drugs, and cheated on our spouses.

A few weeks went by and she seemed to stop with her harassment.  I thought that it was over.  A few weeks later she shows up in the parking lot by my vehicle waiting for me.  As I approached I knew this wouldn't end well.  She then began to tell me she was sorry, she did not mean to do all those things to me and begged for her job back.  I told her hell no and she said she wouldn't do anything like this again even though I rejected her.  I don't believe her.

This woman was absolutely crazy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Radio DJ Confessions. Powered by Blogger.