Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stalker

I had a string of bad luck when it came to women. I found one who I thought was a nice, normal, sweet, girl.  I could not have been more wrong.  I should have noticed the subtle signs but she was just really good looking and a bit shy.

It started one night at a club when I met this girl.  I was around 25 and she was 20.  Not old enough to get into the bars but that did not matter to me.  Did I mention that she was really good looking?  I only wanted to sleep with her and did not know we would wind up dating.

The fact that she was 20 years old kind of worked out because she could not get into the bars to bug me while I was working.  We spent a lot of time on the phone and would occasionally hang out at my house.  We had been dating for about two months when things started to change.  One night I went out to throw out the garbage and I noticed her car parked nearby.  What the fuck?  I walked up to the car and asked what she was doing.  She said she had come to visit me.  I said well why didn’t you call me or come up to the house?  Her response was “I don’t know.”

I was too blinded by her appearance to realize she was stalking me.  A few days later I went to the mall to see her while she was at work.  She worked at a kiosk for a cell phone carrier.  I asked her coworker if I could speak to her and she had told me she had gone to lunch.  Before I could walk away the coworker had stopped me from leaving.  She told me “your girlfriend spends a lot of time talking about you.”  Flattered, I said “really?”  The woman said “yes, but that isn’t all.  She also looks up your phone records”.

Wait, what? 

My girlfriend had worked for the same cell phone carrier that I used and was looking up my phone records to spy on me.  I was not happy about that.  It wasn’t because I had anything to hide and was more of a matter of principal.  When I got around to confronting her about it she laughed and said “Yeah.  You call your parents quite a bit”.  I don’t remember how she talked her way out of that one but I moved on and got over it.

Things started to go downhill from there and she was making more and more mistakes that led me to believe that this was not the girl I had initially thought.  I broke up with her a few weeks later and thought that was going to be the end of it.

She started calling me every night crying that she wanted me back.  When I would not answer she would leave long detailed messages rehashing the same.  I stopped taking her calls and it only pissed her off even more.  She started leaving 6 to 10 page letters on my doorstep and would also try to get a hold of me on the listener line.

It was not too long after that I met another girl.  I had zero intention on dating this one and just wanted to have some fun.  The new one was no where near annoying as the previous one.  After a short while she was already asking me to show her the radio station.  I told the new girl that it was not cool to show her around during business hours but agreed to do it late at night.  I figured just a few minutes showing her around while no one was there couldn’t hurt.

I waited until midnight and picked the new girl up and took her to the station.  I showed her around like I promised and that was that.  As we were leaving, I could see someone was standing by my car.  The station was in a rough area of the city so I did not know what was going to happen or who it was.  Sure enough, it was my ex.  She caused a huge scene and wanted to fight the new girl. 

I later found out that she had been following me for weeks.  Scary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Radio DJ Confessions. Powered by Blogger.