Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hey! You Smell Like Weed

This ordeal happened when I was working at my first gig that wasn’t in my hometown.  Lucky for me, I happened to have some family in the city I had moved to so it made the transition of moving from my old station and city, to the new one much easier.

I had just moved and did not own a car.  I had sold my older car and I figured I would just buy another one in my new city.  The first few weeks flew by and I eventually landed my first club remote.  I had asked my cousin if he could give me a ride to my remote and he agreed if I was able to get his cheapass in the door for free.  I had told him yes in exchange for the ride.

When he showed up at my house I had noticed that his car had two other people in it.  I didn’t care as long as I got to where I was going.  I opened the car door and a huge cloud of smoke escaped the vehicle.  I was not a smoker but I know the smell of weed.  Apparently, my cousin and his stoner friends decided that they wanted to smoke a doobie on the way to the club.  The problem was, I was actually going to go work.  I did not smoke but I knew I was going to reek of it.  As soon as we got to the club I was damn near high off the second hand smoke and just as I figured, smelled like weed.  I did my best to spray some cologne to mask the smell but I knew I was screwed.  I walked into the club and everyone assumed I was smoking.  I wanted to avoid speaking to the club owner but since it was my first night working that particular club, it was unavoidable.

He smelled it and asked that the station assign someone else to work the remote from then on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Radio DJ Confessions. Powered by Blogger.