Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stole Your Girl

One day I got a completely random phone call on the listener line from a guy threatening to beat me up.  He was saying how I fucked his girlfriend, and she left him for me.  I honestly had no idea what he was talking about.

I told him I was married and that he must have mistaken me for someone else.  He did not listen because he called several times during my airshift to harass me.  This went on for about 2 weeks and every time the man would call, I would tell him I had no idea what he was talking about.
I was broadcasting from a remote one Saturday when this guy came up to me and got into my face.  It was the same guy who had been calling the studio.  He had heard me on the air and came to my remote to confront me.  I knew this wasn’t good because I did not want this guy to cause drama while on a remote.  He did.  He assaulted me and I was forced to defend myself.  The scuffle did not last long, only a few seconds.  One of the guys on crew had came in to get in between us so it would stop the fight.

The police were called and I filed charges against the man who attacked me.  It was embarrassing.  I had to try and explain to the client why I was fighting in the parking lot.  Not only that it was very unprofessional.  That following Monday I also had to explain what had happened to my boss and the operations manager.  I tried my best to let it be known that I had nothing to do with the allegations the man was claiming against me.
After word of the incident spread around the radio station I received a text message from the night jock that said

“I heard you got in a fight with my girlfriends ex.”

It was our night guy who stole this mans girlfriend and I had to face the consequences of it.  It really pissed me off.  I had lost a client, embarrassed myself, and had rumors floating around the radio station about me that I was cheating on my wife.  All because of a mistaken identity.

A few weeks had passed and the man I scuffled with called me again.  This time he apologized.  He finally did realize that I was not the man he was looking for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Radio DJ Confessions. Powered by Blogger.