Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sales By Day, Pig By Night

I had one of the sales girls who worked at the station live in the same apartment complex as me.  I found this information out one summer day when I was at the community pool and saw her there.  She was older lady in her 30's, divorced, and from what I could tell, fairly nice.

This woman had an unfortunate accident over the weekend broke the large bone in her leg.  The bad thing was that she lived on the 3rd floor.  I know it was not easy for her because I had overheard her talking about how hard it was going up the stairs to another coworker.  Being a nice guy, at the end of the day I had asked her if she needed assistance getting up all the stairs after work.  She politely declined.

Around two hours had gone by and I pulled up to my apartment.  I was tired and ready for a cold beer.  Before I could leave the parking lot to go up to my apartment my phone rang, it was the sales lady.  She had told me she saw me pulling in and asked if I could help her.  "No problem, I will be right there."

The walked over to the building and saw her at the base of stairs.  "Told ya I would help you."  She quickly said "No, I do not want to trouble you."  I explained that it was no trouble at all.  As I was helping her up the stairs I noticed that with her injury, she really did need the help.  "How do you do this everyday?" I asked.  She had said sometimes she got help from neighbors and sometimes she had to crawl up the three flights of stairs to her apartment.  I thought that was inexcusable and offered to help her everyday until her leg healed.

As we reached the top of the stairs I wanted to make sure she got to her apartment okay.  As we were standing in front of her place she thanked me and I had told her that I would help her inside.  She told me no thank you and that she could take it from there. 

I was not going to argue with her, I needed a beer anyways.  To be polite I was lurking for a moment as I was saying my goodbye.  She opened the door and the smell hit me like it was a punch in the face.  Her apartment reeked of cat urine and there were things all over the floor.  I only caught a glance at the apartment but it had explained why she did not want me to help her inside.  It was bad, I would have never figured the woman to be such a slob.  It wasn't as bad as the kind of shit you see on the TV show hoarders but pretty damn close. From what I saw, there were pizza boxes, dirty clothes, trash, and all other kinds of shit just literally everywhere. 

Maybe that would explain why the woman was divorced.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Radio DJ Confessions. Powered by Blogger.